Use the Adrenal Fatigue Relief Bath to de-stress, revitalize and recharge your batteries. Your adrenal health is important to all facets of your mind-body wellness. Here’s a very simple and luxurious way to balance and re-power your adrenals.
The Adrenal Fatigue Relief Bath
Here’s what you need for the adrenal fatigue relief bath:
- Fill your bathtub up with hot water, as hot as you can stand it.
- Add two cups of epsom salts. Epsom salts contain magnesium, which help to relax your muscles and reduce tension. Magnesium is also an essential element for your adrenal health, as your adrenals cannot produce hormones that are necessary for your life, such as DHEA, without adequate magnesium levels. Epsom salts are a wonderful way to increase your body’s magnesium levels without irritating your digestive tract.
- Add 4 drops of lavender essential oil. Lavender helps to regulate cortisol levels produced by your adrenals.
- Add 4 drops of geranium essential oil. Geranium oil assists with detoxification and helps to reduce inflammation. Toxins as well as inflammation are stresses for your body; when your body is physically stressed, your adrenals become activated. With acute stress and chronic stress, your adrenals become taxed, leading to adrenal fatigue, exhaustion, insufficiency, and possibly even to Addison’s Disease. Further, the body’s entire endocrine system falls out of balance when the adrenals are overloaded, which can lead to pituitary sluggishness and estrogen toxicity (also known as estrogen dominance).
- Add 4 drops of frankincense essential oil. Frankincense helps with oxygenation of the blood, which lowers acidity levels and helps to detoxify the blood and body.
- Add 6 drops of Bach Flower Remedy Centaury. Centaury helps you to recover from feelings of helplessness, which is one leading cause of mental and emotional chronic stress which causes adrenal fatigue.
- Add 6 drops of Bach Flower Remedy Star of Bethlehem. Star of Bethlehem helps you to recover from residiual energy patterns of shock and trauma, which remain in your energy fields after having experienced them at any time in your life (or even another lifetime!), until they are consciously released and healed. Shock and trauma are leading causes of acute emotional stress which leads to adrenal fatigue.
- Get into the bath, relax and enjoy for twenty minutes. Enjoy the adrenal fatigue relief bath every other day to once a week.
Don’t have a bathtub where you live? Maybe just a shower stall? Or just no time for a bath? No problem. You can still enjoy the benefits too! Here’s how:
- Get yourself a bottle of magnesium lotion and apply 2 teaspoons to your abdomen and back, doing your best to reach your adrenal/kidney area and apply topically over the adrenals as well.
- Add 4 drops of lavender essential oil, 4 drops of geranium essential oil, 4 drops of frankincense essential oil, 6 drops of Bach Flower Remedy Centaury, and 6 drops of Bach Flower Remedy Star of Bethlehem. Rub them into the skin where you just applied the magnesium lotion.
- Do not wash or rinse off for at least 30 minutes.